As a Catholic, Dr. Sheila Hernandez serves in many different ways. Her calling is as a pediatric dentist, as a wife, s a parent, and grandparent. She provides the best of herself to everyone who visits our practice. She is committed to excellence in all aspects of her life through her understanding and kind ways in which she reaches out to her patients, their families, and the community in general.
Dr. Hernandez received her Specialty Certificate in Pediatric Dentistry from the distinguished School of Dental Medicine in San Juan, Puerto Rico, USA. Her interest in her patients is beyond dentistry; education, moral values, and hygiene are topics Dr. Sheila threads into her dental treatment, conversing with moms, dads, the kids, and the family as a whole.
Education and Post Graduate Training
- Bachelor of Science – University of Puerto Rico San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Doctorate of Medical Dentistry – University of Puerto Rico San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Pediatric Dentistry Certificate – University of Puerto Rico School of Dental Medicine San Juan, Puerto Rico
Dr. Hernandez continues to be educated on current and new developments that will enhance her service to our patients. Additionally, she incorporates new and innovative products, devices, and equipment to enhance our services, as well as simplify our procedures and reduce patient time in the chair.
In her years of experience, Dr. Hernandex has seen it all from working with marginalized children in Culebra, Puerto Rico, USA, to clinical cases at University Hospital, San Juan, Puerto Rico, USA, and MetroHealth Hospital in, Cleveland, Ohio.
- Pediatric Dentistry Society of San Antonio
- Texas Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Dental Association
Outside the Office
A native of San Juan, Puerto Rico, Dr. Hernandez has called San Antonio, Texas her home for 20 years. Her favorite pastime is reading, from professional journals and political literature to religious material associated with the Catholic Church.